Amazon built a free Web service for you to use and test Alexa right from your browser. If you have an Amazon.com account, head over to https://echosim.io/ to get started. Note you have to click and HOLD the blue microphone button down while you are speaking to Alexa. Alternatively you can hold the space bar down as well. Works like a charm! This web version of Alexa has the same access as your Alexa at home.
The resources page of this site lists services to help folks build their own Alexa skills.
- Alexa Skills Kit – Learn how to give Alexa new abilities with the Alexa Skills Kit.
- Alexa Voice Service – Learn how to add Alexa to your hardware.
- Alexa GitHub – A growing list of repositories of Alexa skill and voice service templates.
- AWS Credits for Alexa Skills – Build and host most Alexa skills for free.
- Alexa Developer YouTube -The official YouTube channel for Alexa developers.
- Amazon Developer Blog – Announcements from Amazon’s developer program.
- GitHub – Over 9.5k Alexa-related repositories.
- Alexa Hub on Hackster.io – Hundreds of Alexa hardware and software project tutorials.